Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Paix pour Paris

 I'm back! My newest playlist in months and it's got that je ne sais quoi. In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday and in celebration of family and peace, I decided to pay tribute to Paris and my loved ones who live there by making a compilation of my favorite French songs! 

Playlist
Paix pour Paris

Highlights
- Track 2/ Les Cornichons by Nino Ferrer
This was on of my French teacher in high school's favorite to play for the class. It's sort of that hokey French impression sound and good for learning the language because the song consists of him listing all this items you'd bring to a picnic!

- Track 4/ La Vie en Rose by Sophie Milman
Yes it is sacreligious to include La Vie En Rose and not have it be the infamous version by Edith Piaf. While I absolutely adore the classic version, I am embarrassed to confess that I love this version even more. Sophie Milman is sings a more coy and nuanced version, with such a lovely sax solo by Pat LaBarbera.

- Track 5/ Padam Padam by Edith Piaf
This track is actaully my favorite song that Edith Piaf recorded. Her energy and warbling vibrato stand out in this classic song. 





Thanks for listening (pacifiquement)!
Be sure to Follow Me on Spotify and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment