Thursday, December 31, 2015

Acousticism

Let's ring in the new year with some new versions of old songs. New Year's Eve is often a celebration of the past and present, and what better way that with acoustic covers of favorite songs! This playlist is probably best served with a Bloody Mary on New Year's Day morning to cure your hangover.

Playlist
Acousticism

Highlights
- Track 2/ Till the World Ends by Erato
Brought to you by the original "cup song" girls (they used yogurt Tupperware to make the now infamous acapella version), they do Britney's single justice. Also I love when mellow versions include the cuss words.

- Track 8/ Come As You Are by Yuna
What I really wanted to add to this list was actually Yuna's Frank Ocean cover, and although her "Thinkin' Bout You" is my absolute favorite, this Nirvana cover is a close second. She has a way of bringing out a haunting meaning to Cobain's lyrics and you won't be disappointed.

- Track 11/ Cold Cold Heart by Norah Jones
This song is a Hank Williams classic, but I first heard it in this jazzy interpretation on one of Norah Jones' first albums. This is one of a handful of classic country songs I had learned for a specific patent at the Veterans Home while I was completing my Music Therapy internship, and so has special significance to me.




Thanks for listening (acoustically)!
Be sure to Follow Me on Spotify and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment